- Your privacy: Saber International Pty Ltd. (Saber) is committed to protecting your personal information in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) in the Privacy Actas well as other applicable legislation, such as the Spam Act, the Do Not Call Register Act, and health privacy legislation.
What we collect and how we collect it: The personal information we collect about you depends on the dealings you have with us. Personal Information includes information about an individual who is reasonably identifiable. For example, if you:
- make an in-store purchase, we may collect your credit card, identity and transaction details in person and, if you use our delivery service, your name, contact details and delivery address. Certain departments such as intimate apparel or cosmetics etc may collect certain sensitive information about you in order to provide the goods or services
- provide details to join special mailing lists or databasesif you’d like to receive information about, for example, certain brands, products or designers, we may collect your name, contact details, date of birth and information about your shopping or product preferences
- attend a store, we may capture images and/or sound recordings of you through CCTV cameras
- make a purchase online or using an electronic device such as an iPad when in-store or when you otherwise set up an online account, we will collect your name, contact details, order details, credit card details, delivery address or store pick up details and we may also ask you to provide your date of birth and gender
- provide information via social media pages such as providing your name or contact details via the Designer Plants Facebook pages, or our Twitter or Instagram accounts or other social media sites or Apps
- attend a Designer Vertical Gardens function or event (or event which we attend), we will collect your name, contact details and any dietary or accessibility requirements
- enter a competition or complete a survey, in online or printed format, we may collect your name and contact details along with your merchandise or services preferences and feedback
- send us an enquiry or provide us with feedbackthrough our online form or via our Customer Service Centre, we will collect your name, contact details, details of your enquiry or feedback and information about our response
- apply for a job at Saber International or Designer Vertical Gardens, we will collect the information you include in your job application, including your and your referee’s contact details
- Sensitive information: Saber International only collects sensitive information (eg health information) where it is reasonably necessary for our functions or activities and either you have consented, or we are required or authorised by law to do so.
Why we collect personal information
Main purposes: The main purposes for which we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information are:
- processing transactions, in-store and online, and delivering products and services
- to provide any associated loyalty program
- promoting Designer Vertical Gardens and its products and services, including through direct marketing, events and competitions, public relations and social media
- performing research and statistical analysis, including for customer satisfaction and product and service improvement purposes. This may include matching information we collect against other information held by third parties. (We may also use and disclose de-identified data for these purposes)
- helping us tailor existing or develop new products, services or offers, and to help us selectively target promotional offers and opportunities
- developing or seeking to deliver new ranges of products or services
- protecting the security of our stores, staff, customers, suppliers and merchandise (including theft and fraud prevention)
- answering queries, resolving complaints and responding to social media
- recruiting staff and contractors
- general planning and administration
- Main purposes: The main purposes for which we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information are:
We may also collect, hold, use and disclose personal information for other purposes explained at the time of collection or which are required or authorised by or under law, and for which you have provided consent.
Direct marketing and opting out: By providing your address, email address and telephone numbers to Saber International, you consent to Saber International contacting you for the purposes set out above. We may send this information in a variety of ways, including by mail, email, social media, SMS, MMS, telephone or any other means. You may request to be removed from our systems by:
- contacting our Privacy Officer by speaking to our Customer Service Centre by phone on (03) 8400 4505or by writing to the Privacy Officer, 1 Berwen Lane, Chelsea, 3196.
- advising us if you receive a marketing call that you no longer wish to receive these calls; or
- using the unsubscribe facility that we include in our electronic messages (eg email, SMS or MMS) to opt out of receiving those messages.
- Email and mobile communication: If you provide us with an email address or phone number, you consent to electronic communication such as notices or reminders being sent to you via that address or number. You may prefer to provide to us with your personal email address or phone number rather than, for example, an email address accessible by your work colleagues.
Who we may share your personal information with: We may share your personal information with third parties where appropriate for the purposes set out above, including:
- financial institutions for payment processing
- referees whose details are provided to us by job applicants
- Saber International’s contracted service providers or partners, including: overseas and local agents, delivery and shipping providers, information technology service providers, venues and event organisers, marketing and communications agencies, research and statistical analysis providers, call centres, hard copy and electronic mail houses, manufacturers and suppliers and external business advisers (such as recruitment advisors, auditors and lawyers).
- regulatory, investigative or government bodies to comply with laws
We may ask one of these third parties to contact you directly for a specific purpose, and provide us with information collected from you in the course of providing the relevant products or services.
Data quality and security
General: We hold personal information in a number of ways, including in printed documents, electronic databases and email contact lists. Printed documents may be held at Saber International, or archived in boxes and stored in secure offsite facilities. We take reasonable steps to:
- ensure that the personal information that we collect, use and disclose is accurate, up to date and complete and (in the case of use and disclosure) relevant;
- protect the personal information that we hold from misuse, interference and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure; and
- destroy or permanently de-identify personal information that is no longer needed for purposes permitted by the APPs.
- General: We hold personal information in a number of ways, including in printed documents, electronic databases and email contact lists. Printed documents may be held at Saber International, or archived in boxes and stored in secure offsite facilities. We take reasonable steps to:
You can help us keep your information up to date, by letting us know about changes to your details.
- Security: The steps we take to secure personal information include website protection measures, security restrictions on access to Saber International’s computer systems, controlled access to Saber International’s corporate premises, policies on document storage and security, personnel security and training and workplace policies. While we endeavour to protect the personal information of users of our website, we cannot guarantee the security of information you disclose online: you disclose that information at your own risk. If you are concerned about sending your information over the internet, you can contact Saber International as set out in section 8. You can also help protect your personal information by keeping your account details confidential. If you become aware of any security breach, please let us know as soon as possible.
Access and correction
- General:Please contact our Privacy Officer if you would like to access or correct the personal information that we hold about you. We may ask you to verify your identity before processing any access or correction requests, to make sure that the personal information we hold is properly protected.
- Access: We will generally provide you with access to your personal information within 30 days, subject to some exceptions permitted by law. We will also generally provide access in the manner that you have requested (eg by providing photocopies or allowing a file to be viewed), provided it is reasonable and practicable for us to do so. We may however charge a fee to cover our reasonable costs of locating the information and providing it to you.
- Correction: If you ask us to correct personal information that we hold about you, or if we are satisfied that the personal information we hold is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, we will take reasonable steps to correct that information to ensure that, having regard to the purpose for which it is held, the information is accurate, up-to-date, complete, relevant and not misleading. If we correct personal information about you, and we have previously disclosed that information to another agency or organisation that is subject to the Privacy Act, you may ask us to notify that other entity. If so, we will take reasonable steps to do so, unless this would be impracticable or unlawful.
Mail: Privacy Officer 1 Berwen Lane, Chelsea 3196.
Online: Customer Enquiry & Feedback Form
Telephone: (03) 8400 4505
All complaints received by the Privacy Officer will be dealt with fairly and in a timely manner considering all the circumstances of the complaint. In most cases, we expect that complaints will be investigated and a response provided within 30 days of receipt of the complaint.